Income Tax Appointments
Income Tax Documentation
- Your personalized return with the personalized labels that you received in the mail
- A copy of your 2012 income tax return or volunteer summary, and your 2012 Notice of Assessment - Your social insurance number (SIN) and your spouse’s SIN
- A list of your dependants and their exact dates of birth, and their SINs, if they have one
- T4 - Salary and wages
- T4A, T5, T3 - Pension, annuity and investment income, Canada/Ontario savings bonds
- T4(OAS) - Old age security/ Guaranteed income supplement or spouse’s allowance
- T4A(P) - Canada Pension Plan
- T4RSP, T4RRIF - Registered retirement savings plan/Registered Retirement Income Fund income
- T4E - Employment insurance benefits
- T5007 - Social assistance payments/ Worker’s compensation benefits
- RC62 - Universal Child Care Benefit
- IF YOU RECEIVED A LUMP-SUM PAYMENT, bring the breakdown statement from the payor
- Child care expenses and a completed T778, if you have one
- Union dues
- Tuition fees and education amount (T2202A)
- Medical expenses (For prescriptions a printout can be obtained from your pharmacy) Charitable/political donations
- All property taxes or rent paid
- Public transit passes (Note: You can only claim monthly or longer duration)
- Details of spouse’s and dependant’s income
- Date of arrival to Canada and status (if a new immigrant)
- Proof of payment to non-resident dependants
- Direct deposit information (void cheque/letter from the bank/credit union with your bank information)
- Any other documentation that may pertain to your income taxes
Free Income Tax Clinics- Volunteers Needed
Volunteers Needed for 2014
Are you interested in being a tax volunteer for the upcoming tax filing season?
In January 2014, send a resume and covering letter to email@example.com stating your interest, course work and any relevant work experience that you might have.
40 volunteers are needed and must be willing to take the 3 hours of training plus offer 10 hours of volunteer time over the course of the program (end of March through until the beginning of April).
If you are successfully chosen to join the team, you will be contacted by email at the end of January.
File your taxes for free
The Canadian Federation of Students and UFile.ca, Canada's #1 online tax preparation Web site, have joined together to provide FREE online tax preparation and filing for all Canadian post-secondary students.
For more details, please visit the UFile website by clicking here.